I'm getting such and good response from all of my readers. I love it! I want to give you all a big thank you!
This is just a reminder (and for those of you that are new, this is what you need to do):
1.) If you haven't already, join the challenge here: Get Fit Get Healthy "Starting"
2.) Every Monday, come back to Becoming the Ultimate Housewife to read the tips on how to get fit, get healthy, and feel more sexy and confident.
3.) Weekly, write a post (or email me about your progress) following the goal chart below, and link up with us.
4.) Don't forget to grab the Get Fit Get Healthy button on the Sidebar and display it on your blog or on your update post.
Now for this Week, I'm going to give you some healthy recipes.
*This drink is so good, but do be careful. Alcohol is not good for weight loss, but if your going to have something this is a good choice.*
What you need:
Blue Machine Naked juice
Mix to your taste.
Kale Avocado Salad w/ Vinaigrette:
(makes 2 servings)
What you need:
4 handfuls kale, chopped
1 handful red cabbage, chopped
1 tomato, chopped
1/2 avocado, diced
1/2 cup olive oil
1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
1 Tbsp. honey
1/2 Tsp. dried basil
4 cloves garlic, chopped
sea salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Cut kale off of stems and chop (you can save the stems for juicing)
- Chop red cabbage, tomato and avocado (for a little change up on this dish sometimes i will leave out the tomato and avocado or just leave one out)
- Mix all together
- In a separate bowl, mix dressing: Blend the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, honey, garlic, basil, sea salt and pepper.
- Add dressing to the mix and toss.
Carrot & Sweet Potato "Fries"
I love this one!
Sometimes I will do carrots and yam fries. So yummy!
What You Need:
2 medium sweet potatoes (sometimes I use yams)
2 large carrots
2 Tbsp. olive oil
1 tsp. ground cumin
1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
1/2 tsp. sea salt
- Preheat oven to 425 F
- Peel the sweet potatoes and carrots. Cut the potatoes in half lengthwise and slice like fries. Do the same for the carrots.
- Put the potatoes and carrots into a bowl and toss with oil, cumin, pepper and salt
- Arrange on baking sheet lined with parchment paper or on a stone.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the flesh is tender and the outside is lightly browned and the edges slightly crisp.
Green Citrus Juice
2 green apples
2 oranges, peeled
6 big handfuls of leafy greens (kale, chard, spinach, romaine etc. I like to use kale)
Rinse all ingredients and cut to size for your juicer. Juice and enjoy!
Let me know what you think of this weeks post.
Also, I would love to hear how you're doing on Get Fit Get Healthy!
Comment below or email me at: email@example.com